Some things never change.
While the world of Gallagher is ever expanding and evolving, we remain rooted in the principles that have informed our actions every day for generations. In 1984, then Chairman and CEO, Bob Gallagher, took time to write them down in his own hand. He called them The Gallagher Way. Shared values are the rock foundation of the Company and our Culture. What is a Shared Value? These are concepts that the vast majority of the movers and shakers in the Company passionately adhere to.
- We are a Sales and Marketing Company dedicated to providing excellence in Risk Management Services to our clients.
- We support one an other. We believe in one another. We acknowledge and respect the ability of one another.
- We push for professional excellence.
- We can all improve and learn from one another.
- There are no second-class citizens – everyone is important and everyone's job is important.
- We're an open society.
- Empathy for the other person is not a weakness.
- Suspicion breeds more suspicion. To trust and be trusted is vital.
- Leaders need followers. How leaders treat followers has a direct impact on the effectiveness of the leader.
- Interpersonal business relationships should be built.
- We all need one another. We are all cogs in a wheel.
- No department or person is an island.
- Professional courtesy is expected.
- Never ask someone to do something you wouldn't do yourself.
- I consider myself support for our Sales and Marketing. We can't make things happen without each other. We are a team.
- Loyalty and respect are earned – not dictated.
- Fear is a turn-off.
- People skills are very important at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- We're a very competitive and aggressive Company.
- We run to problems – not away from them.
- We adhere to the highest standards of moral and ethical behavior.
- People work harder and are more effective when they're turned on – not turned off.
- We are a warm, close Company. This is a strength – not a weakness.
- We must continue building a professional Company – together – as a team.
- Shared values can be altered with circumstances – but carefully and with tact and consideration for one another's needs.
Performance & Passion.
It’s no secret that we value our people. They are at the core of what we do. We recognized years ago that we could facilitate the culture and work to lead by example, but ultimately, our people define the culture. It is defined daily as they engage with each other and our clients. We’ve said it’s about the people, but hear it, see it, and read from the people directly!
"I love everything about working for HCW. We live our values each and every day - we are a team, we are fun, we are accountable, we are honest, we are creative, we are client focused! I love the support I get from all of our team members - from my peers to our leadership. I know that my entire HCW family has my back and will not let me fall. I enjoy the flexible work environment and the clients I get to serve each and every day. I am a problem solver by nature and I get to problem solve with our team and with our clients on a regular basis! HCW is a part of my family and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else."Rachel Richards
HR Technology & Voluntary Benefits Team Lead
"I am continuously impressed by the HCW community. The HCW team provides abundant support, guidance, and encouragement which creates a cultivating environment where employees can grow both professionally and personally. Working here is a true joy!"Jennie Beshel
Business Development Associate
"I LOVE working with HCW and am constantly inspired by our whole team. Everyone we work with is intelligent, driven, and fun! No matter what the project is, we work together to come up with a solution. In this environment I am challenged, held accountable, always busy and always learning. I'm happy to be a part of Hill, Chesson and Woody!"Nichole Stewart
Health Management Advisor
"One of the best parts about working at HCW is the flexibility it provides to employees. While dedication to our clients' needs comes first, as long as client work gets done I have the flexibility to work from home when children are sick, or come in late or leave early to attend an event at my sons’ school. Having three children, this flexibility is a great advantage of working at HCW. Such flexibility also comes in handy for my own personal appointments such as a doctor’s visit or meeting with an accountant. Rather than having to take PTO, I can arrange my schedule to come in late and make up my work at a later time"Rob Krieg
We’ve garnered accolades including:
- Triangle Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” in the Medium Business Category
- Best Employers in North Carolina by Business North Carolina, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) – N.C. State Council, and Best Companies Group; Small to Medium Business Category
- When Work Works (Formerly The Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility)
- Fit Friendly Company by the American Heart Association
- Triangle Business Journal’s “Healthiest Employers of the Triangle”
- The Center For Generational Kinetics' “Best Places to Work for Millennials”