Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Gallagher) is an international benefits brokerage and risk management services firm headquartered in Itasca, Illinois that offers services to clients in more than 150 countries. Gallagher has been providing values-driven service for more than 85 years, and their portfolio now includes a diverse range of solutions from global business guidance to HR consultation. Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc., a subsidiary of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., offers benefits strategy services that include plan design and management, financial planning, actuarial strategies, data analysis and benchmarking, retirement brokerage and consulting, human resource services and more.
Gallagher has built its identity on the values of integrity, innovation, teamwork and empathy, all which are outlined in detail in the 25 tenets known as The Gallagher Way. Gallagher has been recognized as a World's Most Ethical Company® by the Ethisphere Institute for five consecutive years.
For more detailed information on Gallagher’s history, values and services, visit www.ajg.com.
What Does This Mean For Me?
Shared values. Shared services. With thoughtful consideration, about how this would impact our customers and our employees, HCW came to this decision to join Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc. because of our shared values systems and commitment to shared resources to strengthen all of our customers in the Southeast. As we move forward, know that our values will remain the same — championed by the same great team whom you have come to know and trust at HCW.
North Carolina is our home. We will continue to dedicate ourselves to the proactive companies in our geographic footprint of North Carolina. We will offer the strategic direction these companies need to succeed and contribute to the economic acceleration of this entire region, all while becoming an integral part of a broader global market. HCW, backed by the strength of Gallagher, is unique. With this partnership, “national becomes local” which means that you’ll continue to work with the same local HCW team serving you and the greater Southeast region with an enhanced breadth of capabilities and resources.
As we all know, the only thing constant in this world is change. And with this transition there will be changes. Changes that we believe are positive and exciting for not only our customers, but our market and our HCW team.
- Robust leverage with insurers and service providers all over the country. Volume that gives us the ability to collaborate and seek alternative and unique solutions on behalf of our clients. Joining Gallagher gives HCW the size and stability of a national consulting firm to tackle any and all business challenges our clients face.
- Expanded services such as Pharmacy Benefit Management consulting, executive benefits management, and total rewards strategies to name a few.
- Access to national and international offices with operations in 33 countries and client service capabilities in more than 150 countries. Gallagher experts remain actively engaged in the global insurance markets, foreign regulatory changes and any political shifts affecting your area.
- Greater intellectual capital that complements our local team of subject-matter experts who you have come to know and trust.
- Expertise and depth in vertical markets. Gallagher specializes in a wide range of vertical markets, from automotive, financial, and nonprofits, to restaurants and hospitality to name a few.
- Enhanced growth opportunities for our local team with the ability to enhance their professional skills through Gallagher’s training and development programs, as well as the opportunity to advance their careers within Gallagher’s larger organization.
National becomes local. Everything you ever wanted in a benefits consulting partner is here! HCW and Gallagher are committed to this market, bringing you all of the resources you need, delivered locally.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the change taking place?
Our merger dates back to January 13, 2017.
Will HCW change its name?
You’ll continue to see us as Hill, Chesson & Woody operating division until January 1, 2018, after which we will be under the Gallagher name.
Will I have the same client service team?
Yes! Your local client service team remains intact. You will still work with the same people you have grown to know and trust.
Will 100% of HCW staff be retained?
As with any organizational change of this scale, we expect some attrition. However, we ensure client service and market support will not be disrupted.
Will I be able to get the same services?
Yes. HCW will continue to deploy our 360° service model, and anticipate being able to enhance our offerings with new solutions and services, deeper resources and expertise.
What If I Have More Questions?
As with any big, exciting announcement we anticipate there will be ongoing and specific questions. Rest assured, we are here and available to answer all inquiries. HCW clients, please contact your consultant.
- HCW clients, please contact your consultant.
- If you are not an HCW client, but interested in taking advantage of this partnership and learning more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a member of the press, please contact Cameron McLauchlin at email@example.com for further information.