February 15, 2017
Effective upon your renewal beginning Jan 1, 2017, UnitedHealthcare (UHC) is offering a new program called Real Appeal for all fully insured employers with 51+ employees. Real Appeal is provided at no additional cost to you as a part of your benefits plan.
Real Appeal is a free, virtual weight loss program that provides employees who are ready to lose weight with the strategies and support to act. With obesity rates climbing, strategies to help employees reduce and manage their weight can help control costs and improve productivity. Real Appeal makes it easier for employees to take action leading to better health. And, the program offers employers proven, affordable strategies to engage employees along the way.
With Real Appeal, you get:
- Opportunities to improve employee engagement with one-to-one and group online coaching. Enrollees receive a box of weight loss resources delivered right to their home including a scale, single-serve blender, exercise band, fun and easy workout DVD’s, and water bottle, recipes and more!
- Interventions that may help lower costs with fewer claims from diabetes, cardiovascular and other weight-related risks.
In order to take advantage of Real Appeal, you will need to register your company by taking these 3 easy steps.
- Create an online account at engage.realappeal.com: Use the registration guide. You will need your group policy number (from your insurance card) and total number of employees for this step.
- Select a launch date: This is the date Real Appeal sends the first email to your employees announcing the program. You also receive a Real Appeal marketing kit including posters, table tents and post cards, a few days before the launch date.
- Set up an email distribution list: Designate an email “sender” and upload your employee email list into the system. Use the email template to pre-populate with employee email addresses.
Since Real Appeal is a virtual program, the best way to announce Real Appeal and help members access the member registration site is for a senior executive at the group to send members a simple email supporting the program and encouraging them to visit the registration site.
In order to help employers with the process of sending multiple emails over the course of the first six months of the program, the Real Appeal site will send emails to employees on the employer’s behalf. Use the email address template mentioned in step 3 above, for reference as well as sending your own introductory email (see sample employee communication below) that will be sent on the launch date.
NOTE: Real Appeal will not email employees outside of the set launch schedule. Please review the terms and conditions on engage.realappeal.com for Real Appeal’s privacy standards and practices.
Below is a simplified message you can use to communicate this change with your employees.
Free Healthy Living Program Now Available
Effective immediately, a brand new weight loss and healthy living program called Real Appeal is now available at no cost to eligible UnitedHealthcare (UHC) plan members, covered spouses and adult dependents.
Real Appeal is a simple program that facilitates lasting weight loss and healthy living. It is designed to work for anyone, regardless of the amount of desired weight loss or current state of physical fitness.
Participants of Real Appeal receive a dedicated personal weight loss coach who creates a customized plan specifically suited to their health goals, fitness level and lifestyle. Enrollees in the program will receive "The Real Appeal Success Kit" – a toolkit of essentials such as step-by-step program guides, workout DVDs, recipes, healthy cooking tools, and a blender!
If you or a covered dependent are looking to lose weight and/or live a healthier lifestyle, this program can help you reach your goals. Enroll today by clicking here.